It rained today after fifteen days of melting, sweltering heat. Only a little though, but rain it did, nevertheless. And I told myself to start making excuses for writing, instead of the other way around, for a change. Anyway, I want to apologize for this extreme delay in posting the award mail, to all those who had been nominating me from the start of the year. I had been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by The Atul’s, and also by That Chick Piggy. Another Liebster Award from The Rainman and The Day Dreamer Award from The Champa Tree. Please visit their wonderful blogs, and also convey my thanks to them, would you ?
Now, in response to Atul and Chick Piggy’s nomination, I must give you seven random facts about me. This in a way might also become the response for The Champa Tree’s Day Dreamer Challenge – “Describe yourself. Tell us what you have been meaning to tell the world about yourself..” Ah, what a smarty slacker am I !
And that, definitely is the very first fact about me. Secondly, I am a secretly introvert person, meaning, you won’t be able to tell ever, and to you I will always come across as a jolly good girl, but I feel uncomfortable whenever the spot light is on me. It wasn’t like this always, however. It seemsto me now, that the more we grow up, the less extrovert we become.
The third random fact in my list is that I love rules, and I love following them too. A small catch however – I love only those rules that I make, or those that makes sense to me. I hate authority. I don’t like to be authoritarian either.
I’m most comfortable in boyfriend jeans, and love wearing Sarees too. I have a big sweet tooth, and I dig on Indian sweets more than anything. (Anything excluding chocolates, ofcourse. Chocolates are not just sweets, they are heaven).
I thought I’m a fiercely independent person…until I met Arijit !
Last but not the least, I can totally relate myself with an elephant, for its nature, and also the ‘physique’ ! 😀 So there you are – all about Arundhati in seven random points.
My reply to Rainman’s 11 questions:
1. What modern culture would you most like to learn about? The women of Afghanistan today.
2. What is your favorite work of visual art? Oh stating a favorite is always difficult, and here the range is vast too. I have loved the archaeological findings of Greek and Roman sculptures in Turkey. Like everybody, I too find Rembrandt, Da Vinci and Van Gogh fascinating, although I know not much. Apart from these, The King’s Speech, Alice in Wonderland and Black Swan are few of my favorite films that I can watch over and over again.
3. Name the coolest thing you have done on a vacation: My mistake – I haven’t done a post on this yet, and thanks for the good reminder. It has to be the ATV ride through the valleys of Cappadocia, Turkey.
4. What do you look for in a blog? A blogger’s everyday life, his/her surrounding, narrated such that I can almost become a part of that. I look for bonding and friendship in a blog.
5. What is the last book you read? Inferno.
6. What historical figure would you most like to meet? Swami Vivekananda.
7. If you had a time machine, would you go forward or backward in time? Backward.
8. If you could choose to have one super power, but it had to be something that wasn’t already taken, what would it be? A power to cast Patronus charm…
9. How many jelly beans are in the jar? Haa haa…told you I have a sweet tooth. None !
10. What is the last nice thing you did for a stranger? I won’t be comfortable sharing this, Sorry.
11. Say something nice about your partner. If you don’t have one of those, then a friend. If you don’t have one of those, then yourself! 🙂 This one’s easy. If I’m an Elephant, Arijit is the stubborn Bull 😉 And thus we live happily together…
Okay, it’s my turn now ! As I’ve said earlier, I won’t like to give you any rules to follow, nor any obligation to forward the awards. I can, however, share some of the blogs’ name with you, that I really adore :
1. La Audacia De Aquiles 2. Iridiscent Spirits 3. The Carlos Express 4.I Am Your Twilight Star 5. Jumbleskine 6. derrickjknight 7.Quantum Hermit 8. My Toronto Life 9. Wisdom’s Quill 10. Chouett 11. Mojowritin’ 12. Mutafariq Khayalat 13. India and Indians 14.Smiley Like I mean It 15. La vie est trop courte pour boire du mauvais vin
Whew ! I can’t believe you have come this far with me. And that has made me so very happy. I won’t keep you any longer now, as you have all these wonderful blogs to catch up on. Also, please go ahead and pick any award for yourself, if you wish, follow the rule of your own heart and have fun with it 🙂